Welcome to Canberra Grief Centre
'Supporting grief and loss"
Grief will touch us all at some time in our life, and often we are not prepared for how it will impact on us.
- When someone close to you dies, you may be exposed to a range of intense experiences including anger, confusion, isolation, loneliness, fear, guilt, relief and/or uncertainty.
- When someone close to you is living with a life limiting illness it may feel as though you are already grieving. You may experience anxiety, frustration, hope, guilt and/or bouts of intense sadness and struggle to understand what all this means for you at this time.
- If you are a professional who is exposed to death in your work environment, you may feel impacted by this exposure, but unable to make sense of the 'how' and what it means.
- It may be that you have experienced some other form of loss (health, relationship, employment, faith) which has left you confused or overwhelmed by the situation.
Sometimes these circumstances can create a sense of isolation, confusion, fatigue and feeling misunderstood and vulnerable. Grief does not need to be debilitating. The staff at Canberra Grief Centre can support you in reconnecting with 'self' and living. Allowing ourselves to move closer to our grief will help us to understand it, enabling us to grow through the experience.
We provide specialist grief and bereavement services including:
- Employer Assistance Program Provider
Our services support individuals, couples and families including children.
We take the time to understand the uniqueness of your loss and offer a safe environment in which to process grief as it is being experienced in your life at this time.
Support is available to anyone who has experienced the death of a:
- Baby including miscarriage, still-birth and medical termination;
- Family member or friend; or
We support people who are living with and/or caring for a person with a life limiting illness.
We support you following a loss such as (but not limited to) health, relationship, employment, self confidence/esteem, home or faith.
Grief is not a journey you need to travel alone!
Sonia and Mandy are available to discuss how they can support you!