Welcome to Canberra Grief Centre
'Supporting grief and loss associated with death and dying'
Grief will touch us all at some time in our life, and often we are not prepared for how it will impact on us.
- When someone close to you dies, you may be exposed to a range of intense experiences including anger, confusion, isolation, loneliness, fear, guilt, relief and/or uncertainty.
- When someone close to you is living with a life limiting illness it may feel as though you are already grieving. You may experience anxiety, frustration, hope, guilt and/or bouts of intense sadness and struggle to understand what all this means for you at this time.
If you are a professional who is exposed to death in your work environment, you may feel impacted by this exposure, but unable to make sense of the 'how' and what it means.
Sometimes these circumstances can create a sense of isolation, confusion, fatigue and feeling misunderstood and vulnerable. Grief does not need to be debilitating. The staff at Canberra Grief Centre can support you in reconnecting with 'self' and living.
Allowing ourselves to move closer to our grief will help us to understand it, enabling us to grow through the experience.
We provide specialist grief and bereavement services including:
- Grief and bereavement counselling;
- Grief and bereavement training and education for public and professional groups;
- Professional debriefing for those affected by grief while working in a professional capacity; and
- Bereavement support groups.
Our services support individuals, couples and families who are experiencing grief around death and dying.
We take the time to understand the uniqueness of your loss and offer a safe environment in which to process grief as it is being experienced in your life at this time.
Support is available to anyone who has experienced the death of a:
- Baby including miscarriage, still-birth and medical termination;
- Family member or friend; or
We offer support to people who are living with and/or caring for a person with a life limiting illness.
Our services are also available if you are experiencing other loss including (but not limited to) health, relationship and employment.
Grief is not a journey you need to travel alone! Sonia and Mandy are available to discuss how they may support you!